EU GDPR 7 key Requirements
GDPR(General Data Protection Regulation) is established by European Parliament and Council. The main purpose of GDPR is to protect the data and privacy of the users under a regulation of EU law to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. To know complete information about the new GDPR law, visit https://www.eugdpr.org/
7 Key Features of GDPR are as follows,
– Terms & Conditions Consent
– Right to Access(Data Access)
– Right to Rectification(Data Rectification)
– Right to be Forgotten(Data Erasure)
– Data Breach Notification
– Cookie Consent and Management
Terms & Conditions Consent
– GDPR ensures that websites should mention their terms and conditions
– Every website should mention their Terms and Conditions, it is the agreement that you inform your users regarding your website rules.
– Terms and Conditions is a guideline that users need to follow in order to use and access your website.
Right to Access(Data Access)
– GDPR ensures that the users should be able to access their personal details which was collected by the website.
– Users should be able to submit a request to the site admin and once the request is verified the user should have access to their data.
Right to Rectification(Data Rectification)
– Data Rectification in GDPR is used to modify/change the user’s personal details stored on the website.
– It allows the user to update their data on the website if they need.
Right to be Forgotten(Data Erasure)
– GDPR introduces a right for individuals to have their personal data erased.
– It allows the user to make a request to remove their unwanted/incorrect data that stored on the website.
Data Breach Notification
– If the user personal information has been hacked or lost, then the site admin should intimate to the corresponding user about the data breach.
– The data breach notification should be sent to the user without any delay.
Cookie Consent and Management
Cookie Consent under the GDPR states that users should be notified when the website creates cookies on the user’s browser.